- Filipino American international school counselor
- Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Roots in Pampanga and Mindanao (Philippines)
- UCLA Bruin for life
- NYU Master's in Social Work c/o '06 | NY State Licensed Master Social Worker
- Spent several years in Brooklyn, NY
- Stared at the great desert sky in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Danced on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok, Thailand
- Presently in Shenzhen, China
I have been blogging on and off for years and inspired to revamp my writing for several reasons. The first one being the lack of a voice when it comes to Asian Americans/Filipino Americans who travel or live abroad. Google "Filipno American travel" or "Asian American travel" and you will likely land on: mail-order bride sites, (White) Americans travelling in Asia, or Filipino/Asian nationals who travel. Hardly any about those of us (BY US) from the US and enjoy globe trotting. I know "we" are out there. Secondly, I enjoy networking and connecting with others who share similar interests. I am a member of Nomadness Travel Tribe - a group of approximately 10,000 (and counting) predominately people of color who enjoy travelling and seeing the world. This group has inspired me to put my voice out there and develop lasting, positive relationships with people from all walks of life. I love writing, photography, cooking, and music on my spare time. I look forward to dialoguing with others who dig those things too. Thirdly, I jumped into the "expat game" through international school counseling. I will share my experience and perhaps help other people who are interested in teaching/counseling overseas. Lastly, many of my family and friends claim money is the primary factor holding them back from getting on that plane - I'd like to provide another perspective on travelling affordably and maybe they'll feel inspired to join me along the way!
Come, roam with me.